Disaster Relief and Loss Claim Information

Feb 24, 2021


Damage to Your Home? Have questions about what to do next?

We understand this is a difficult time for you and would like to take this opportunity to explain the disposition of funds and procedures utilized to complete the repairs to your home. As the servicer of your loan, we are the named mortgagee on any insurance claim check you may receive. The interest we hold in the property makes it necessary for us to specify the process by which the Total Loss Proceeds (TLP) will be administered.

Step 1. Contact your insurance company to initiate the loss claim.
Your first step is to contact your insurance company and initiate the claim. In most cases, your insurance company will send an adjuster to your home to assess your property damage, determine a claim settlement, and issue an insurance claim check. You typically will receive an adjuster report detailing the loss and settlement amount per loss.

Step 2. You received a check. If you home loan account is current and your:

If a contractor is used, you must submit their W-9 form and may also submit their current license if applicable. A Contractor(s) Estimate must include detail of all the work to be completed, beginning deposit amount, and the contractor’s license number if applicable. For each contractor involved in the project, please provide this information for each. A Contractor’s Notarized Lien Waiver must be completed and signed by each contractor involved in the repairs.

Submission of Documents
Include your loan number on all correspondence submitted. You must mail the insurance claim checks to the following address. You may submit all other required documents to either our mailing address, fax, or e-mail address.

Attention Loss Draft Department MS1180
Navy Army Community Credit Union
Attention: Loss Draft Department
1 Corporate Drive, Suite 360
Lake Zurich, IL 60047-8945

Fax: 1-847-574-7617
Email: [email protected]

Please contact our Loss Draft Department at 1-877-592-0192 for assistance with your property claim process Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm.

Delinquent Account
An account is considered delinquent for the purposes of TLP disbursement if they have mortgage payments that are 31 days or more overdue at the time of the loss event. Accounts in Bankruptcy or Foreclosure will require additional time for disbursements to be released.

If the TLP exceeds your Outstanding Loan Balance
If the TLP exceeds the current outstanding balance of your loan, you have the option to pay off your loan. Please submit a written request to pay off your loan, along with the endorsed check, to us. The written request must be signed by all borrowers listed on the loan and the check just be endorsed by each payee listed. If you choose not to pay off your loan and the insurance proceeds exceed the unpaid principal balance, accrued interest, and advances, we will issue a check to you for the amount by which the TLP exceeds the aforementioned. The adjusted TLP amount will then be used to determine the disbursement method for repairs.

Communication with a Third Party
We must receive your written authorization if you wish for us to work with any third party during the claim process.

Public adjuster, private attorney, and all other third-party fees
Please be aware that you are responsible for paying all associated fees and these fees cannot be paid out of the TLP. If you are being reimbursed for any of these fees, please request that the insurance company issue a separate check solely to you and that party. If the public adjuster's fee is included in the loss draft check, this will cause a delay in processing the reimbursement of the funds.

Retention of Documents
Please remember to retain copies of all your records as original documents provided to us will not be returned. It is also important to keep copies of all documents pertaining to your claim for possible review by the inspector.

Mailing of Disbursement Funds
All checks are returned via regular mail through the U.S. Postal Service. If you wish to have checks sent to you via an overnight courier, you must supply an overnight envelope and pre-paid overnight air bill. The sender and receiver information on the air bill must reflect your mailing information.

Again, we value your business. If you need assistance, please contact our Loss Draft Department at 1-877-592-0192 for assistance with your property claim process.

[wp-post-author title="About the Author"]